I have not read everything about the HTML5, but whatever I have read and come to know from different places, I have these objections in HTML5 specification, which is still in draft mode.
- HTML5 has no restriction on attributes value quoted or not.
- HTML element name can be small case or capital.
- It can be closed or not (<img /> or <img>).
- There is no order or number of times fixed for elements like <header>, <footer> etc. and footer element can come on top and I saw it is still valid markup.
- XHTML has been started for the reason that browser resource has been wasted in correcting markup. Why do they not make this fixed for quoting attributes value and closing each element? Even if someone do not close their markup, page renders in browser. So, why to include this kind of mistakes in HTML5 spec.