Very less number of posts has been written for wordpress security. I was looking for making my wordpress installation more secure and found very little for WordPress security compared to other stuff on net.
I have tried "AskApache Password Protect" few days back, but it failed for some reason. I will check it again. I need to delete the .htaccess file created by it from wp-admin to remove its bad effect caused by failure.
- Smartbloggerz has selected few important WordPress security plugin which can be for those who are looking for useful plugin for security.
- Stealth Login
- WP Security Scan - Looks for week point in your installation.
- AskApache Password Protect - Full of security features, but I need to try it again on my installation.
- WordPress Exploit Scanner
- Login LockDown
- Secure WordPress
- Admin SSL
- WordPress Firewall
- One Time Passwords
- Semisecure Login Reimagined
- WP DBManager
- Invisible Defender
- WordPress File Monitor
Smartbloggerz has also given their valuable input on each plugin and what they do for WordPress security.