You can make cmd.exe smarter on Windows. It is very easy and requires you to install very small program called clink.
Here is the features list:
- Powerful Bash-like line editing from GNU's Readline library.
- Superior path completion (TAB).
- Paste from clipboard (Ctrl-V).
- Support for the completion of executables/commands, and environment variables.
- Undo/Redo (Ctrl-_ or Ctrl-X, Ctrl-U)
- Improved command line history.
- Persists across sessions.
- Searchable (Ctrl-R and Ctrl-S).
- History expansion (e.g. !!, !<string>, and !$).
- Scriptable completion using Lua
- Is this tool impressive? and you loved new cmd.exe. Vote please!