What could be the possible cause of encoding problem on Web page?
- It could be that page is not having proper encoding set using
<meta charset="UTF-8">. This better handled using Server (Apache) response header.
- It could be that text is not properly encoded. Text can come from Database or directly from file. File can be HTML file as well. Sometimes, we copy text and paste it to file. This can create trouble if the editor we used has not converted the file text to the file encoding.
- It can also happen due to a file included is having different charset then other file. and that file is included at top!
PHP has mb_convert_encoding() function to convert text encoding. While searching, I got few related links:
Side note: I have not tested any tool mentioned in above links.